Bay Furnace III


"Bay Furnace"
oil on canvas 6x8
Carol Horzempa

This is my 3rd painting of this bay on Lake Superior in the Hiawatha National Forest, Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Every year on our annual family camping trip I bring my paints and plan to do some plein air painting at Bay Furnace Campground. Instead of painting I always ended up taking pictures and painting from photos in my studio. This year I finally pushed myself to make an attempt at painting on the beach under a shade tree and found it was actually fun!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful work. I love the atmospheric perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such soft and inviting colors. Understand about the good intentions of painting outside and settling for studio time instead, but glad you made the effort on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, Carol.......love the way you have moved the viewer along the beach! You should do more plein air this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the quiet atmosphere you create and wonderful sense of space. It has such a delicate quality . . . almost watercolor-like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little painting, and I know just where you painted it. I'm glad you were able to get one done before we "invaded"!

    ReplyDelete